For ceviche, acid does the cooking instead of the oven. In this Latin American-inspired dish, raw fish is marinated in citrus juice, and its acids cook the meat proteins without heat. Chop a fillet of firm-fleshed fish such as snapper, halibut or sea bass (shrimp and scallops are also great) and let it marinate in the refrigerator in a mixture of citrus juice and seasonings. After an hour or two, the fish will be opaque and ready to eat. Serve over salad greens, wrapped in tortillas or with chips for scooping. A few slices of avocado and some salsa are delicious accompaniments.
- Bon Appetit. "A Week of No-Cook Dinners." August 2009. (Dec. 28, 2011) http://www.bonappetit.com/tipstools/slideshows/2009/08/no_cook_dinners?slide=1#showHeader
- Chow. "Play It Cool: A Menu of No-Cook Recipes for the Hottest Days." July 23, 2008. (Dec. 28, 2011) http://www.chow.com/stories/11218
- Elise. "Ceviche." Simply Recipes. Aug. 13, 2009. (Dec. 20, 2011) http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/ceviche/
- Fitness. "The Lazy Girl's Guide to No-Cook Meals." July 2009. (Dec. 28, 2011) http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/quick-recipes/dinner/quick-meals/;jsessionid=J4SUD3EA2NZB0CQCEAQSCAQ?page=3
- Machnak, Amy. "No-Cook Recipes." Sunset. (Dec. 28, 2011) http://www.sunset.com/food-wine/healthy/no-cook-dinners-recipes-00400000050124/page9.html
- Morales, Tatiana. "How Good is Your Salad?" CBS News. Jan. 3, 2003. (Dec. 28, 2011) http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/01/02/earlyshow/health/main535035.shtml
- Nguyen, Andrea. "Recipe: Rice noodles with Chinese chives, shrimp and pork (banh pho xao he)." Los Angeles Times. Jan. 6, 2010. (Dec. 28, 2011) http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jan/06/food/la-fo-toptenrec8-2010jan06
- Raichlen, Steven. "Gazpacho: Themes and Variations." The New York Times. Aug. 30, 1989. (Dec. 28, 2011) http://www.nytimes.com/1989/08/30/garden/gazpacho-theme-and-variations.html
- Real Simple. "22 Quick, No-Cook Recipes." (Dec. 20, 2011) http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/quick-easy/quick-no-cook-recipes-00000000035688/index.html
- Roderner, Kara. "No Cook Summer Soups, Salads, and Sandwiches." Delish. (Dec. 28, 2011) http://www.delish.com/recipes/cooking-recipes/no-cook-summer-soups-salads-sandwiches-recipes
- World's Healthiest Foods. "Romaine Lettuce." (Dec. 20, 2011) http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=61
Home Made Simple recipes are tasty dishes that even the most amateur cook can prepare. Try these deliciously simple recipes from the Home Made Simple.