Whether it's game day or Cinco de Mayo, you can't go wrong with this corn and tomatillo salsa. The corn has a sweet crunch, while the tomatillo and lime juice blend for the perfect tang. Finally, the jalapeño and cilantro balance each other out for a delicious combination of fresh and spicy. It's an explosion of flavors and colors. It will look as festive on the table as it tastes in your mouth.
Cook Time 10 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Yield 3 cups
- 4 medium ears of corn, kernels cut from cobs
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped*
- 1/2 pound tomatillos, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs. lime juice
- 2 tbs. water
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tbs. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Tortilla chips
*Jalapeño peppers can sting and irritate the skin, so wear rubber gloves when handling peppers and do not touch your eyes.
- Combine corn and jalapeños in large skillet.
- Add tomatillos, bell peppers, onions, lime juice, water and coriander to corn mixture; cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce to medium-low. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Allow to cool and stir in cilantro. Refrigerate in separate bowl and garnish with additional cilantro and lime slices.
- Serve with tortilla chips.