Lots More Information
Kids are more likely to eat food they've helped to prepare. Here are 5 Italian dishes kids can make from HowStuffWorks.
Author's Note: 5 Tricks for Making Homemade Gelato
One of the most eye-popping facts I uncovered while researching ice cream and gelato wasn't that vanilla is more popular than chocolate (I don't know who you are anymore), but that Americans eat almost a pint of ice cream every week, give or take a couple weeks (which I like to assume is February).
- What's the difference between ice cream, frozen custard, gelato and frozen yogurt?
- How Ice Cream Works
- Who Says That You Need an Ice Cream Maker to Make Ice Cream?
- How to Make Homemade Ice Cream: Your Teeth Will Thank You Later
- I Scream, You Scream: Ultimate Homemade Ice Cream Quiz
- 10 Weirdest Museums You Really Should Visit: Gelato Museum
More Great Links
- Baker, Lucy. "10 Tips for Homemade Ice Cream Success." Serious Eats. June 26, 2008. (May 4, 2014) http://sweets.seriouseats.com/2008/06/10-ten-tips-for-making-homemade-ice-cream-success.html?ref=sweets
- Berard, Adrienne. "10 steps to making gelato like a pro." Fox News. July 22, 2013. (May 4, 2014) http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/07/22/10-steps-to-making-gelato-like-pro/
- Christensen, Emma. "Best homemade Gelato: 3 Tips from Mario Batali." The Kitchn. (May 4, 2014) http://www.thekitchn.com/best-homemade-gelato-3-tips-fr-123545
- Elizarraras, Jessica. "Tre's Vanilla Gelato." San Antonio Current. July 31, 2013. (May 4, 2014) http://sacurrent.com/dining/food/tre-s-vanilla-gelato-1.1527752
- Food Republic. "What's The Difference Between Ice Cream and Gelato?" Aug. 13, 2013. (May 4, 2014) http://www.foodrepublic.com/2013/08/13/whats-difference-between-ice-cream-and-gelato
- IceCream.com. "The Truth About Ice Cream." (May 4, 2014) http://www.icecream.com/funfacts/funfacts.asp?b=105
- International Dairy Foods Association (IDFA). "The History of Ice Cream." (May 4, 2014) http://www.idfa.org/news-views/media-kits/ice-cream/the-history-of-ice-cream
- Kasper, Lynne Rossetto. "Mario Batali: Use over-ripe fruit in gelato for more intense flavor." American Public Media - The Splendid Table. (May 4, 2014) http://www.splendidtable.org/story/mario-batali-use-over-ripe-fruit-in-gelato-for-more-intense-flavor
- Peterson, James. "Cooking Class: Boiling and Simmering." Cooking Light. (May 4, 2014) http://www.cookinglight.com/cooking-101/techniques/cooking-class-boiling-and-simmering-00400000001032/
- Stainsby, Mia. "Pastry chef tips on making great gelato and ice cream." Vancouver Sun. Aug. 22, 2010. (May 4, 2014) http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2010/08/22/pastry-chef-tips-on-making-great-gelato-and-ice-cream/