Breakfast for Dinner
Nutritionists say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not have it twice? On days when meat and veggies are conspicuously absent from the fridge, a very late brunch is a fantastic option. Staple items, such as flour, milk and eggs, are all it takes to whip up a fresh batch of pancakes and scrambled eggs. Waffles are just as easy and delicious. Up the nutrition ante by topping either dish with strawberries, blueberries or by mixing in mashed-up bananas and walnuts. If you're feeling a little more adventurous, try making a frittata with last night's leftover vegetables. For the traditionalists among us, a bowl of whole-grain cereal, a slice of toast and that orange that's been languishing in the crisper will suffice.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Betty Crocker.com. "Cooking Casseroles." 2009. (July 20, 2009).http://www.bettycrocker.com/how-to/cooking-basics/make-ahead-meal-strategies/Cooking-Casseroles.htm
- Betty Crocker.com. "Do-Ahead Cooking Strategies." 2009. (July 20, 2009). http://www.bettycrocker.com/how-to/cooking-basics/make-ahead-meal-strategies/do-ahead-cooking-strategies.htm
- Betty Crocker.com. "Weekend Cooking." 2009. (July 20, 2009). http://www.bettycrocker.com/how-to/cooking-basics/make-ahead-meal-strategies/weekend-cooking.htm
- CBS News. "Bringing Breakfast to Dinner." July 8, 2009. (July 20, 2009).http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/08/earlyshow/living/recipes/main5142994.shtml
- Crock-Pot. "Cooking Tips." (July 20, 2009).http://www.crock-pot.com/Hints.aspx?id=ct&fgid=44
- Food Network.com. "Breakfast for Dinner: 30 Minute Meals." (July 20, 2009).http://www.foodnetwork.com/30-minute-meals/breakfast-for-dinner/index.html
- Food Network.com. "Eleven Tips for Slow Cooker Meals." (July 20, 2009).http://www.foodnetwork.com/quick-and-easy/eleven-tips-for-slow-cooker-meals/index.html
- Woman'sDay.com."10 Easy Make-Ahead Meals." June 8, 2009. (July 20, 2009).http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Food/10-Easy-Make-Ahead-Meals.html
Home Made Simple recipes are tasty dishes that even the most amateur cook can prepare. Try these deliciously simple recipes from the Home Made Simple.