Nutritionists say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not have it twice? On days when meat and veggies are conspicuously absent from the fridge, a very late brunch is a fantastic option. Staple items, such as flour, milk and eggs, are all it takes to whip up a fresh batch of pancakes and scrambled eggs. Waffles are just as easy and delicious. Up the nutrition ante by topping either dish with strawberries, blueberries or by mixing in mashed-up bananas and walnuts. If you're feeling a little more adventurous, try making a frittata with last night's leftover vegetables. For the traditionalists among us, a bowl of whole-grain cereal, a slice of toast and that orange that's been languishing in the crisper will suffice.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Betty Crocker.com. "Cooking Casseroles." 2009. (July 20, 2009).http://www.bettycrocker.com/how-to/cooking-basics/make-ahead-meal-strategies/Cooking-Casseroles.htm
- Betty Crocker.com. "Do-Ahead Cooking Strategies." 2009. (July 20, 2009). http://www.bettycrocker.com/how-to/cooking-basics/make-ahead-meal-strategies/do-ahead-cooking-strategies.htm
- Betty Crocker.com. "Weekend Cooking." 2009. (July 20, 2009). http://www.bettycrocker.com/how-to/cooking-basics/make-ahead-meal-strategies/weekend-cooking.htm
- CBS News. "Bringing Breakfast to Dinner." July 8, 2009. (July 20, 2009).http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/08/earlyshow/living/recipes/main5142994.shtml
- Crock-Pot. "Cooking Tips." (July 20, 2009).http://www.crock-pot.com/Hints.aspx?id=ct&fgid=44
- Food Network.com. "Breakfast for Dinner: 30 Minute Meals." (July 20, 2009).http://www.foodnetwork.com/30-minute-meals/breakfast-for-dinner/index.html
- Food Network.com. "Eleven Tips for Slow Cooker Meals." (July 20, 2009).http://www.foodnetwork.com/quick-and-easy/eleven-tips-for-slow-cooker-meals/index.html
- Woman'sDay.com."10 Easy Make-Ahead Meals." June 8, 2009. (July 20, 2009).http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Food/10-Easy-Make-Ahead-Meals.html
Home Made Simple recipes are tasty dishes that even the most amateur cook can prepare. Try these deliciously simple recipes from the Home Made Simple.