Q. What additional items can I include for my holiday beverage bar?
A. The holidays are a great time for diverse beverages. From eggnog to spiced cider to peppermint-flavored tea, a holiday-themed beverage can soothe away the cold winter weather, one sip at a time.
For the perfect holiday beverage bar, have several recipes on hand so you know which extras go best with which drinks. Check out this list of some great holiday beverage add-ins:
- Citrus knots made from lemon and lime peel strips
- Ice cubes frozen with red and green maraschino cherries inside
- Cinnamon sticks for warm apple cider or flavored teas
- Freeze small pieces of winter fruits and edible flowers in an ice ring and float it in a bowl of punch
- For margaritas and Bloody Marys, dip the rims of the glasses in water then in coarse salt and cranberry-Orange snack mix
And don't forget that a piping hot cup of hot chocolate with a few marshmallows and whip cream on top is always a great crowd pleaser as well.