Mexican Omelet Roll-Up with Avocado Sauce
Makes 8 servings
|1-1/2||cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
|1||large tomato, seeded and chopped|
|1/4||cup chopped fresh cilantro|
|8||(7-inch) corn tortillas|
|1-1/2||cups salsa (optional)|
|2||medium avocados, chopped|
|1/4||cup reduced-fat sour cream|
|2||tablespoons diced mild green chiles|
|1||tablespoon fresh lemon juice|
|1||teaspoon hot pepper sauce|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13X9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs and milk in medium bowl until blended. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; add egg mixture to skillet. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until eggs are set, but still soft. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, tomato and cilantro.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup egg mixture evenly down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in prepared dish. Pour salsa evenly over tortillas, if desired.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, process avocados, sour cream, chiles, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce and salt in food processor or blender until smooth. Serve tortillas with avocado sauce.
To reduce amount of fat in recipe, omit avocado sauce and serve with additional salsa and nonfat sour cream.
|Serving Size:||1 roll-up with 2-1/2 tablespoons avocado sauce|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Calories from Fat||58 %|
Check out more recipes for Mexican