Makes 4 to 6 servings
|3/4||cup uncooked dried black beans, rinsed|
|Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette|
|1/2||cup dried lentils, rinsed|
|2||large red bell peppers, halved and seeded|
|1-1/2||cups thawed frozen corn|
|1/2||cup finely chopped onion|
|1/4||cup chopped fresh parsley|
- Place beans in large saucepan; cover with 4 inches of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Uncover pan; boil for 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat; cover. Let stand 1 hour in water, Drain.
- Prepare Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette; set aside.
- Place lentils in 2-quart saucepan; cover with 2 inches water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, 35 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain.
- Preheat broiler. Place peppers on foil-lined broiler pan. Broil, 4 inches from heat, 15 to 20 minutes until blackened on all sides, turning peppers every 5 minutes. Place blackened peppers in paper bag. Close bag; set aside to cool about 15 minutes. Place cooled peppers on cutting board. Peel off skins with paring knife. Lay peppers flat; slice lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips. Cut strips into 2-inch pieces.
- Combine beans, lentils, pepper pieces, corn, onion and parsley in large bowl. Pour Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette over bean mixture; mix well. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 to 3 hours. Stir just before serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Garnish, if desired.
|Serving Size:||1/4 of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Calories from Fat||47 %|
Check out more recipes for Mexican