Mexican Tortilla Stack-Ups the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Mexican Tortilla Stack-Ups
Makes 6 servings
|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1/2||cup chopped onion|
|1||can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained|
|1||can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican- or Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained|
|1||cup frozen corn|
|1||envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning mix|
|6||corn tortillas (6 inches)|
|2||cups (8 ounces) taco-flavored shredded Cheddar cheese|
|Sour cream (optional)|
|Sliced black olives (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13X9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender. Add beans, tomatoes with juice, corn and taco seasoning mix. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Place 2 tortillas side by side in prepared dish. Top each tortilla with about 1/2 cup bean mixture. Sprinkle evenly with 1/3 of cheese. Repeat layers twice, creating 2 tortilla stacks each 3 tortillas high.
- Pour water along sides of tortillas.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Cut into wedges to serve. Serve with sour cream and black olives, if desired.
|Total Fat||16 g|
Check out more recipes for Mexican