Mexican Wedding Cookies the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Mexican Wedding Cookies
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
|1||cup pecan pieces or halves|
|1||cup (2 sticks) butter, softened|
|2||cups powdered sugar, divided|
|2||cups all-purpose flour, divided|
- Place pecans in food processor. Process using on/off pulsing action until pecans are ground but not pasty.
- Beat butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add 1 cup flour, vanilla and salt. Beat at low speed until well blended. Stir in remaining 1 cup flour and ground nuts. Shape dough into ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cookies stand on cookie sheets 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place 1 cup powdered sugar in 13X9-inch glass dish. Transfer hot cookies to powdered sugar. Roll cookies in powdered sugar, coating well. Let cookies cool in sugar.
- Sift remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar over sugar-coated cookies before serving. Store tightly covered at room temperature or freeze up to 1 month.
|Serving Size:||1 cookie|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Calories from Fat||56 %|
Check out more recipes for Mexican