Mini Neapolitan Ice Cream Cakes the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Mini Neapolitan Ice Cream Cakes
Makes 4 cakes (12 servings)
|1||package (18-1/4 ounces) vanilla cake mix|
|1/3||cup vegetable oil|
|1/3||cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|4||cups slightly softened strawberry ice cream|
|Powdered sugar, dark chocolate curls and strawberry fans (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 4 (5X3-inch) mini loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix, water, eggs and oil in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at low speed 30 seconds or until just blended. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed or until well blended. Reserve 1-3/4 cups batter. Add cocoa to remaining batter; stir until well blended.
- Divide chocolate batter evenly between 2 prepared pans. Divide reserved plain batter evenly between remaining 2 prepared pans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpicks inserted into centers come out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Trim rounded tops of cakes with serrated knife; discard trimmings. Cut each cake in half horizontally. Line 4 clean mini loaf pans with plastic wrap, leaving 2-inch overhang on all sides. Place 1 chocolate cake layer in each pan.
- Place ice cream in large bowl; beat with electric mixer at medium speed about 30 seconds or just until spreadable. Spread 1 cup ice cream over each vanilla cake layer in pans; top with chocolate cake layers. Cover tops of cakes with plastic wrap. Freeze at least 4 hours.
- Remove cakes from loaf pans; trim any uneven sides. Garnish with powdered sugar, dark chocolate curls and strawberry fans. To serve, cut each cake into 3 slices.
Check out more recipes for Cakes