Mini Strawberry Shortcakes the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Mini Strawberry Shortcakes
Makes 8 servings
|4||cups fresh strawberries, sliced|
|1||to 2 tablespoons granulated sugar|
|1-3/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|2||tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons granulated sugar|
|1||tablespoon baking powder|
|2/3||cup fat-free (skim) milk|
|1/4||cup vegetable oil|
|1||cup vanilla yogurt|
|3||tablespoons packed light brown sugar|
|Fresh mint leaves|
- Combine strawberries and granulated sugar in medium bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Combine milk and oil in small bowl; add to flour mixture. Stir with fork until mixture forms dough.
- Turn dough out onto floured work surface. Quickly shape into 1/2-inch-thick disk. Cut 8 dough circles with floured 2-1/2-inch cookie cutter. Piece together dough scraps, as necessary, to complete circles.
- Place biscuits on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove pan from oven; cool completely on wire rack.
- Combine yogurt and brown sugar in medium bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Split biscuit in half horizontally. Place about 1/4 cup strawberry filling on bottom layer of each biscuit. Cover with biscuit top. Drizzle topping over shortcakes. Garnish with any remaining strawberries and mint leaves.
Check out more recipes for Cakes