Makes 54 mini cupcakes
|1||package (21-1/2 ounces) brownie mix plus ingredients to prepare mix|
|1/2||cup chopped pecans|
|1||cup prepared or homemade dark chocolate frosting|
|1/2||cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted|
|1||to 2 tablespoons whipping cream|
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 54 mini (1-1/2-inch) muffin pan cups with paper baking cups.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling two-thirds full. Bake 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes to racks; cool completely. (At this point, cupcakes may be frozen up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature before frosting.)
- Spread frosting over cooled cupcakes; top with toasted pecans.
- Combine caramels and 1 tablespoon cream in small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Add additional 1 tablespoon cream if necessary to thin mixture. Spoon caramel decoratively over cupcakes. Store at room temperature up to 24 hours or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days before serving.
Check out more recipes for Cupcakes