Mint Candy Sandwiches
Makes about 2-1/2 dozen sandwich cookies
|1||package (4.67 ounces) chocolate crème de menthe candy wafers, divided|
|1-1/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|1/2||teaspoon baking soda|
|1/2||cup (1 stick) butter, softened|
|1/2||cup granulated sugar|
|1/4||cup packed light brown sugar|
|1||egg, lightly beaten|
|4||ounces cream cheese, softened|
|Melted chocolate and/or melted white chocolate tinted green (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets; set aside. Chop 8 candy wafers to measure about 1/3 cup. Combine flour, salt and baking soda in medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugars in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until well blended. Add flour mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in chopped candy wafers.
- Shape dough by level teaspoonfuls into balls; place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake about 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- For filling, place remaining candy wafers in medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; stir. Microwave at additional 30-second intervals until candy is melted and smooth. Beat cream cheese in medium bowl until fluffy. Add melted candy; beat until well blended.
- Spread small amount of filling on bottom of 1 cookie; top with second cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies and filling. Drizzle sandwiches with melted chocolate and/or tinted melted white chocolate, if desired. Let stand until set.
Check out more recipes for Mint