Miss Mississippi, Anna Elizabeth Tadlock, submitted this recipe for Fried Catfish.
|1 1/2||cups milk|
|1||cup yellow cornmeal|
|1/3||cup all-purpose flour|
|2 1/2||tsp. salt|
|1 1/2||tsp. black pepper|
|1/4||tsp ground red pepper|
|Vegetable oil for frying|
- Place milk in a shallow dish.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, salt, black pepper, and red pepper in another shallow dish.
- Sprinkle catfish fillets with a little extra salt. Place catfish fillets in milk then dredge in cornmeal mixture, coating evenly.
- Fry fillets in vegetable oil 2 inches deep in a Dutch oven until golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes. Oil should be heated at about 350 degrees.
- Place catfish on paper towels to drain.
Check out more recipes for Southern