Miss Missouri, Tara Osseck, submitted this recipe for Imo's Pizza St. Louis Style.
|2||cup and 2 tbsp all-purpose flour|
|1||tsp. baking powder|
|2||tsp. olive oil|
|2||tsp. dark corn syrup|
|1/2||cup and 2 tbsp. water|
|16||oz. can whole tomatoes (dices into fine pieces)|
|6||oz. can tomato paste|
|1 1/2||tsp sugar|
|1||tsp crushed basil|
- In large mixing bowl combine all crust ingredients.
- Mix until thoroughly combined - dough will be very stiff. Makes enough for two (2) 12" pizza pies. Do not knead. Divide the dough in half, shape into a round ball and roll out paper thin.
- Stir together ingredients and spoon sauce over pizza dough.
- Combine all the ingredients for the Italian seasoning in a small mixing bowl and blend well.
- Top pizza with provel cheese and any of the following authentic Imo’s pizza toppings: onion, green pepper, sausage, hamburger, pepperoni, anchovies, bacon, black olive, mushrooms, Canadian bacon, jalapenos, pineapple, banana peppers, tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until underside of crust is a dark golden brown and cheese has a slight golden tint.
- To truly replicate Imo's Pizza at home, cut pizza into tile-like squares instead of the traditional triangle slices, and enjoy!
Check out more recipes for Midwestern