Mocha Latte Thins
Makes about 8 dozen thins
|1/3||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/2||cup (1 stick) plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened|
|2||tablespoons instant espresso powder, dissolved in 2 tablespoons hot water|
|3||(3-1/2-ounce) bars bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped|
|1/4||cup white chocolate chips|
- Sift together flour and salt; set aside. Beat sugar and 1/2 cup butter until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in espresso mixture. (There will be some extra grounds that will not dissolve. Do not stir in.)
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat just until blended. Fold in chocolate. Refrigerate dough at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; grease paper. Drop by level teaspoonfuls about 1 inch apart, 20 to a pan. (Dough will still be sticky and may require some molding with fingers.) Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheets 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack; cool completely.
- Combine white chocolate chips and remaining 1 tablespoon butter in microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 50 seconds; stir well. If necessary, microwave at additional 10-second intervals until chocolate is completely melted when stirred. Drizzle from tip of spoon onto cooled cookies.
Cookies are very crisp when first baked. They become softer after a few hours. Store in tightly covered container.
Check out more recipes for Cookies