Makes about 30 strips (4 strips and 1-1/2 tablespoons sauce per serving)
|2||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|4||teaspoons cajun seasoning, divided|
|1||pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch strips|
|1-1/2||cups cornflake crumbs|
|2||tablespoons chopped green onion|
|2||eggs, lightly beaten|
|1||red, yellow or orange bell pepper, cut into triangle shapes|
|3/4||cup barbecue sauce|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Place flour and 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning in large resealable food storage bag. Add chicken and seal bag. Shake to coat chicken.
- Combine cornflake crumbs, green onion and remaining 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning in large shallow bowl; mix well. Place eggs in separate shallow bowl.
- Dip each chicken strip into eggs and then into crumb mixture. Place chicken strips on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake chicken strips 8 to 10 minutes or until is no longer pink in center.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, make 1/2-inch slit in thinner end. Place bell pepper triangle into slit to form claw nail. Serve claws with barbecue sauce for dipping.
|Serving Size:||about 4 chicken strips with 1-1/2 tablespoons sauce|
|Calories from Fat||22 %|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Check out more recipes for Halloween