Monster Munch the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Left to right: Monster Munch, Ghost on a Stick
Makes about 5 cups snack mix
|6||squares (2 ounces each) almond bark, divided|
|1-1/2||cups pretzel sticks|
|Orange food coloring|
|2||cups graham cereal|
|3/4||cup Halloween colored candy-coated chocolate pieces|
|3/4||cup miniature marshmallows|
|1/2||cup chocolate sprinkles|
- Place 1-1/2 squares almond bark in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. Repeat steps as necessary, stirring at 15-second intervals, until completely melted.
- Place pretzel sticks in large bowl. Add melted almond bark and stir until all pieces are coated. Spread coated pretzel sticks out on waxed paper, separating individual pieces; let set.
- Place remaining 4-1/2 squares almond bark in medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. Repeat steps as necessary, stirring at 15-second intervals, until completely melted. Stir in food coloring until almond bark is bright orange.
- Place cereal in large bowl. Add half of orange-colored almond bark and stir until cereal is evenly coated. Add chocolate pieces, marshmallows and remaining almond bark; stir until mix is evenly coated. Stir in pretzel sticks.
- Break mix into small clusters and spread out on waxed paper. Sprinkle clusters with chocolate sprinkles; let set.
Check out more recipes for Halloween