Mu Shu Pork Calzone
Makes 4 servings
|New York-Style Pizza Crust|
|4||dry shiitake mushrooms (optional)|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|1/4||cup cholesterol-free egg substitute|
|1||boneless pork chop (5 to 6 ounces), fat trimmed, and cut into thin slices|
|1/2||to 1 jalapeño pepper,* seeded and minced (optional)|
|1||tablespoon minced fresh ginger|
|3||cloves garlic, minced|
|2||cups very thinly sliced Napa cabbage|
|1/3||cup thinly sliced green onions|
|2||tablespoons hoisin sauce|
|1||tablespoon dark sesame oil|
|1||teaspoon canola oil|
*Jalapeño peppers can sting and irritate the skin, so wear rubber gloves when handling peppers and do not touch your eyes.
- Prepare New York-Style Pizza Crust as directed through step 1. Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Cover mushrooms with hot water in small bowl; let stand 15 minutes or until caps are tender. Drain; squeeze water from mushrooms. Cut out and discard tough stems. Thinly slice caps; set aside.
- Spray large nonstick skillet generously with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add egg substitute; cover and cook 2 minutes or until set on top. Loosen egg from skillet and transfer to plate. When egg is cool enough to handle, roll up and slice into 1/4-inch-wide strips; set aside.
- Spray same large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork, jalapeño pepper, ginger and garlic. Cook and stir about 2 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in center. Add cabbage and green onions; cook and stir 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until cabbage is wilted. Spoon mixture into medium bowl and gently stir in mushroom and egg strips; set aside.
- Combine hoisin and sesame oil in small bowl.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces. On lightly floured surface, roll each piece into 5- to 6-inch round. Brush half of each dough piece with about 1 teaspoon hoisin mixture, leaving 1/2-inch border. Spoon pork mixture over top. Drizzle remaining hoisin mixture over pork mixture (about 1 teaspoon each). Brush edges with water. Fold dough over filling and press edges together. Seal with tines of fork. Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Brush calzones with canola oil. Bake 6 to 7 minutes or until golden brown.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Calories from Fat||20 %|
Check out more recipes for Chinese