Try this great recipe from the football fans and players on TLC's Kick Off Cook Off.
See more recipes from TLC's KICK OFF COOK OFF, a new cooking competition that slams together America's two favorite pastimes: football and cooking!
|2||boxes of no boil rice lasagna noodles (De Boles)|
|12||cups of your favorite no oil marinara sauce (4 jars)|
|Ricotta Cheese Substitute|
|4||ounces of fresh basil leaves|
|2||cups of pine nuts, raw cashews or hemp seeds|
|4||cloves of garlic (or more, to taste)|
|low sodium miso|
|fresh lemon juice|
|red pepper flakes, or more to taste|
|2||cans of sliced olives (ounces each)|
|4||pounds of frozen, chopped spinach (defrosted, drained with all of the liquid squeezed out.|
|4||pounds of chopped mushrooms (I like to use Cremini or Baby Bellas)|
|1/2||cup low sodium tamari or Bragg's Amino Acid|
|2||large red onions, finely diced.|
|Red Bell Pepper|
- Make the filling in a food processor fitted with the "S" blade. You will have to do this in 2 batches by adding one box of Ricotta Cheese Substitute, 2 ounces of basil 2 cloves garlic, ¼ cup each lemon juice, miso and nutritional yeast. 1 cup of the pine nuts and 1/8 of a teaspoon of red pepper flakes. Puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a very large bowl and make the second batch of filling. Mix both batches together along with the drained spinach.
- In a large non-stick sauté pan, sauté the onion in 2 Tablespoons water until translucent, about 8 minutes, adding more water if necessary. Add garlic, mushrooms and tamari and sauté until browned. Taste mixture, adding chopped garlic and more tamari according to your taste.
- Pour 6 cups of the sauce in a lasagna pan that measures 12" by 16". Place one layer of the no cook noodles on top. Cover the noodles with half of the Ricotta Cheese Sub/spinach mixture, then with half of the mushroom mixture. Place another layer of noodles on the mushroom mixture and add the remaining half of the Ricotta Cheese Sub/spinach mixture and the remaining half of the mushroom mixture. Place one more layer of noodles on top of the mushroom mixture and smother evenly with the remaining 6 cups of sauce.
- Sprinkle the sliced olives on top of the sauce along with a liberal sprinkling of nutritional yeast and one cup of finely chopped cashews. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for an hour and 15 to an hour and 30 minutes. Let set 10 minutes before slicing.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit. Cut veggies into chunks and place in a 9 by 13 inch Pyrex baking dish. Sprinkle 6 cloves of chopped garlic, 1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary and balsalmic vinegar over the top. Place in oven.
- After 15 minutes, stir the contents and continue cooking until tender but not mushy. Pour into large bowl and season with freshly ground black pepper.
Check out more recipes for Pasta