Mushrooms Mary Louise
Makes about 8 servings
|6||medium cherrystone clams, scrubbed and shucked|
|3||medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|28||medium fresh mushroom caps, divided|
|8||tablespoons butter, divided|
|2||ounces scallops, diced|
|2||stalks celery, diced|
|1/4||cup finely chopped onion|
|1/3||cup white wine|
|2/3||cup bread crumbs|
|Celery slices for garnish|
- Discard any clams that remain open when tapped with fingers. Chop clams and shrimp into 1/4X1/4-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 4 (6-inch) casserole dishes. Slice 4 mushroom caps. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Set aside.
- Melt remaining 7 tablespoons butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add scallops, shrimp, diced celery and onion. Cook and stir over medium heat about 2 minutes or until shellfish is opaque. Add clams with reserved juice to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 1 minute; add white wine. Remove from heat. Fold in bread crumbs.
- Place 6 mushroom caps in each prepared casserole dish. Using small spoon, fill mushroom caps with stuffing mixture. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Place sliced mushrooms on top of each casserole. Top each with 1/4 cup of Hollandaise Sauce; return to oven just to heat through. Serve hot. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Vegetables