Musical Instrument Cookies
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|All-purpose flour (optional)|
|Assorted colored frostings, colored gels, colored sugars, candy and small decors|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Remove dough from wrapper according to package directions. Divide dough into 2 equal sections. Reserve 1 section; cover and refrigerate remaining section.
- Roll reserved dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle with flour to minimize sticking, if necessary. Cut out cookies using about 3-1/2-inch musical notes and instrument cookie cutters. Place cookies 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Decorate with colored frostings, gels, sugars and assorted decors as shown in photo.
Check out more recipes for Cookies