Salted Nut Roll Bar
Miss Nebraska, Brittany Jeffers, submitted this recipe for Salted Nut Bar Roll.
|4||tbsp. butter or margarine|
|1||package peanut butter chips, 12 oz.|
|1||can sweetened condensed milk|
|1||package miniature marshmallows, 10 oz.|
|1||16 oz. jar of dry roasted peanuts|
- Add the margarine and peanut butter chips to a medium sauce pan and heat until they have melted together. Stir as they are melting to combine evenly.
- Remove from the heat and add sweetened condensed milk. Stir until well blended.
- Stir the miniature marshmallows into the mixture.
- Divide the jar of peanuts into thirds and evenly spread 1/3 on the bottom of the baking pan.
- Stir 1/3 into the mixture above.
- Spread mixture on top of the peanuts in the bottom of the baking pan. Carefully press the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining peanuts on top.
- After they are evenly distributed, press them slightly into the bar mixture so they stick to the bars.
- Place in the refrigerator to store. To serve, cut into bars that are approximately 1" x 2 1/2" in size
Check out more recipes for Midwestern