Neptune's Spaghetti Squash
Makes 4 main-dish servings
|1||spaghetti squash (about 3 pounds)|
|4||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1/2||pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1/2||pound bay scallops|
|1/2||cup fresh or frozen peas|
|1/4||cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped*|
|1/2||teaspoon dried basil|
|1/4||cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
|Fresh basil leaves and tarragon flowers for garnish|
*Or, substitute 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped, for sun-dried tomatoes. (To seed tomatoes, cut in half. Remove seeds with spoon; discard.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. To bake squash, pierce in several places with cooking fork to vent steam.
- Place squash in large foil-lined baking dish; bake 20 minutes. Turn squash upside down; cook 25 minutes more or until easily depressed with finger.** Cut in half immediately to prevent further cooking.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in large skillet. Cook and stir garlic in hot oil just until it begins to brown. Remove garlic; discard. Add shrimp, scallops, peas, tomatoes and basil. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque. Set aside.
- Cut squash in half. Scoop out seeds from squash.
- To remove spaghetti strands from squash, "comb" strands from each half of rind with two forks. Transfer to warm serving platter. Top with cooked seafood mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Check out more recipes for Shellfish