This thin pizza crust contains no oil.
This recipe is part of the recipe for Fresh Tomato Pizza
Makes 1 medium-thin 12-inch crust, 1 very thin 14-inch crust, 2 (8- to 9-inch) crusts, 4 (6- to 7- i
|2/3||cup warm water, 110° to 115°F|
|1/2||(1/4-ounce) package rapid-rise or active dry yeast|
|1-3/4||cups all-purpose or bread flour|
|1||tablespoon cornmeal (optional)|
- Combine water and sugar in small bowl; stir to dissolve sugar. Sprinkle yeast on top; stir to combine. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until foamy.
- Combine flour and salt in medium bowl. Stir in yeast mixture. Mix until mixture forms soft dough. Remove dough to lightly floured surface. Knead 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic, adding additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, as needed. Place dough in medium bowl coated with nonstick cooking spray. Turn dough in bowl so top is coated with cooking spray; cover with towel or plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down; place on lightly floured surface and knead about 2 minutes or until smooth. Pat dough into flat disc about 7 inches in diameter. Let rest 2 to 3 minutes. Pat and gently stretch dough from edges until dough seems to not stretch anymore. Let rest 2 to 3 minutes. Continue patting and stretching until dough is 12 to 14 inches in diameter.
- Spray 12- to 14-inch pizza pan with nonstick spray; sprinkle with cornmeal, if desired. Press dough into pan.
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Follow directions for individual recipes, baking pizza on bottom rack of oven.
|Serving Size:||1/4 of total recipe|
|Calories from Fat||2 %|
|Total Fat||<1 g|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
Check out more recipes for Pizza