Norwegian Wreaths the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes about 1-1/2 dozen cookies
|1||hard-cooked egg yolk|
|1/2||cup butter, softened|
|1/2||cup powdered sugar|
|1-1/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|Coarse white decorating sugar or crushed sugar cubes|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets; set aside.
- Beat cooked and raw egg yolks in medium bowl until smooth. Beat in butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir in 1 cup flour. Stir in additional flour until stiff dough forms.
- Place dough on sheet of waxed paper. Using waxed paper to hold dough, roll it back and forth to form a log; cut into 18 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into 8-inch rope, tapering ends.
- Shape ropes into wreaths; overlap ends and let extend out from wreath. Place wreaths on prepared cookie sheets. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until firm.
- Beat reserved egg white with fork until foamy. Brush wreaths with egg white; sprinkle with decorating sugar. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
Check out more recipes for European