Oat Bran Mini Bagels the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Prep Time 40 minutes plus rise time
Bake Time 20 minutes
Makes 24 servings
|3||to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour|
|1||package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast|
|2||tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, divided|
|1-1/2||cups warm water (120? to 130?F)|
|1||cup oat bran|
|1/4||cup uncooked old-fashioned oats|
- Combine 2 cups flour, yeast, 2 tablespoons sugar and salt in large bowl. Add 1-1/2 cups warm water. Beat 1 minute with electric mixer at low speed. Increase speed to high; beat 3 minutes.
- Stir in oat bran and as much of remaining flour as possible. Knead in enough remaining flour to make moderately stiff dough (about 6 to 8 minutes). Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Lightly coat two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Divide dough into 24 equal portions. Shape each portion into ball. Press thumbs into center of each ball, stretching to form 1-1/2-inch hole. Place on prepared baking sheets. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place 30 minutes.
- Broil bagels about 5 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes, turning once. (Bagels should not brown.) Bring 6 cups water and 1 teaspoon sugar to a boil in large Dutch oven. Drop bagels, 7 to 8 at a time, into boiling water mixture. Gently simmer 3 minutes, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375?F. Coat backing sheets with cooking spray. Place bagels on prepared sheets. Whisk together egg white and 1 tablespoon water. Brush tops of bagels with egg white mixture. Sprinkle with rolled oats. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
|Serving Size:||1 (1-1/4-ounce) bagel|
|Calories from Fat||4 %|
|Total Fat||<1 g|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
Check out more recipes for Yeast & Bread Machine