Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 12 sandwiches
|1||cup all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking powder|
|1/2||cup unsalted butter|
|1||cup packed dark brown sugar|
|1||cup quick-cooking oats|
|1/2||cup chopped walnuts|
|1-1/2||pints pumpkin or maple-walnut ice cream|
|Black and orange sprinkles or colored sugar (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in bowl of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until well blended. Add flour mixture, a few tablespoons at a time, beating until well blended. Stir in oats and walnuts.
- Scoop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls and place 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets to make 24 cookies. Flatten dough to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Soften ice cream at room temperature about 10 minutes or in microwave oven on (50%) 10 to 20 seconds. For each ice cream sandwich, place about 1/4 cup (1 small scoop) ice cream on flat side of one cookie; top with another cookie, flat side down. Press gently so that ice cream meets edges of cookies. Immediately roll edges of ice cream in sprinkles, if desired. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze until ready to serve.
Check out more recipes for Cookies