Oatmeal Date Bars the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Oatmeal Date Bars
Makes about 2 dozen bars
|2||packages (18 ounces each) refrigerated oatmeal raisin cookie dough|
|2-1/2||cups uncooked old-fashioned oats, divided|
|2||packages (8 ounces each) chopped dates|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 13X9-inch baking pan. Let both doughs stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- For topping, combine 3/4 of one package of dough and 1 cup oats in medium bowl; beat until well blended. Set aside.
- For crust, combine remaining 1-1/4 packages dough and remaining 1-1/2 cups oats in large bowl; beat until well blended. Press dough evenly onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile for filling, combine dates, water and sugar in medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 3 minutes; remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Spread date mixture evenly over partially baked crust; sprinkle evenly with topping mixture.
- Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until bubbly. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
|Serving Size:||1 bar (1/24th of recipe)|
|Calories from Fat||27 %|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Check out more recipes for Cookies