Onion and Pepper Calzones the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Onion and Pepper Calzones
Prep and Cook Time 25 minutes
Makes 10 appetizers
|1||teaspoon vegetable oil|
|1/2||cup chopped onion|
|1/2||cup chopped green bell pepper|
|1/8||teaspoon dried basil|
|1/8||teaspoon dried oregano|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||can (12 ounces) country biscuits (10 biscuits)|
|1/4||cup (1 ounce) shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1/2||cup prepared spaghetti or pizza sauce|
|2||tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese|
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add salt, basil, oregano and black pepper; stir to combine. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, flatten biscuits into 3-1/2-inch circles about 1/8 inch thick using palm of hand.
- Stir mozzarella cheese into onion mixture. Spoon 1 teaspoon onion mixture onto each biscuit. Fold biscuits in half, covering filling. Press edges with tines of fork to seal; transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. While calzones are baking, place spaghetti sauce in small microwavable bowl. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until hot.
- To serve, spoon spaghetti sauce and Parmesan cheese evenly over each calzone. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size:||1 calzone|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Calories from Fat||31 %|
Check out more recipes for Italian