Onion-Parmesan Mini Bagels
Bake Time 20 minutes
Rise Time 30 minutes
Prep Time 40 minutes
Makes 24 servings
|4||to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided|
|2||tablespoons dried minced onion|
|2||tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided|
|1||package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast|
|1-1/2||cups warm water (120 to 130°F)|
|6||cups plus 1 tablespoon cold water, divided|
|1/2||cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese|
- Combine 2 cups flour, onion, 2 tablespoons sugar, yeast and salt in large mixing bowl. Add 1-1/2 cups warm water. Beat on low speed of electric mixer 1 minute or until blended. Increase speed to high; beat 3 minutes.
- On lightly floured surface, knead in enough remaining flour to make moderately stiff dough. Cover with plastic wrap; let rest 10 minutes.
- Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Divide dough into 24 equal portions. Shape each portion into ball. Press thumbs through center of each ball. Stretch to form 1-1/2-inch hole. Place on prepared baking sheets. Cover with plastic wrap and clean cloth. Let rise in warm place 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat broiler. Broil bagels about 5 inches from heat source 2 to 3 minutes, turning once. (Bagels should not brown.) Bring 6 cups water and remaining 1 teaspoon sugar to a boil in Dutch oven. Drop 7 or 8 bagels into boiling water mixture. Gently simmer 3 minutes, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining bagels.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place bagels on baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray. Beat egg white and remaining 1 tablespoon water in small bowl. Brush tops of bagels with egg white mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
|Serving Size:||1 mini bagel|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Calories from Fat||7 %|
Check out more recipes for Quick Breads