Makes 24 cupcakes
|1||package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened|
|1/2||cup powdered sugar|
|1/3||cup thawed frozen limeade concentrate|
|Yellow and blue food coloring|
|1||package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare mix|
|Water and vegetable oil|
|1||container (16 ounces) vanilla frosting|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 24 standard (2-1/2-inch) muffin pan cups with paper liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, limeade concentrate and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Tint with yellow food coloring; beat until well blended. Set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions using 1 egg, water and oil. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling half full. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon cream cheese mixture into center of each cup.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Add 4 drops yellow food coloring and 2 drops blue food coloring to frosting. Stir until well blended; adjust color as needed by adding additional food coloring 1 drop at a time, blending well after each addition. Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle with sugar.
Check out more recipes for Cupcakes