Orange Bavarian the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
This recipe is part of the recipe for Chocolate-Orange Bavarian Torte
|1||envelope unflavored gelatin|
|1/2||cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided|
|2||eggs, separated and at room temperature|
|1/2||cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed and undiluted|
|1||tablespoon grated orange peel|
|1/2||cup whipping cream|
- Grease 6-cup bundt pan; set aside.
- Pour milk into medium saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand several minutes to soften. Add 1/2 cup sugar and 2 egg yolks to gelatin mixture; mix well. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens slightly. Do not boil. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Combine orange juice concentrate, orange peel and vanilla in small bowl; mix well. Add orange juice mixture to gelatin mixture. Cool mixture in refrigerator, stirring occasionally, until it begins to set.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites in small bowl until soft peaks form. Add remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into orange-gelatin mixture. Beat whipping cream in chilled bowl until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into orange-gelatin mixture. Pour into prepared pan; refrigerate until set.
- Dip bottom of pan briefly in warm water. Place serving plate on top of pan. Invert pan and plate and shake to loosen gelatin. Gently remove pan from bavarian.
Check out more recipes for Puffs & Pastries