Orange Roughy and Orzo Salad the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Orange Roughy and Orzo Salad
Makes 4 servings
|1-1/2||cups uncooked orzo pasta|
|1/4||cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4||cup sherry vinegar or cider vinegar|
|1/2||teaspoon dried tarragon leaves, crushed or 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon|
|1/4||teaspoon white pepper|
|2||carrots, cut into julienne strips|
|1/2||green bell pepper, chopped|
|1||tablespoon Cajun seasoning|
|3/4||pound orange roughy fillets|
|Vegetable oil for frying|
|1||cup chopped fresh parsley|
|Fresh parsley sprigs for garnish|
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain; place in large bowl.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, tarragon, salt and white pepper in small bowl; toss with orzo. Top with carrots and bell pepper; refrigerate.
- Mix cornmeal and Cajun seasoning in shallow dish. Rinse orange roughy and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 2X1-inch strips. Coat with cornmeal mixture.
- Pour enough vegetable oil into large skillet to coat bottom; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add half the fish strips; cook 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning halfway through cooking time to brown other side. Remove cooked fish and drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining fish.
- To serve, toss orzo mixture with chopped parsley. Transfer to serving platter. Arrange warm fish strips over top of salad. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Salads