Ornament Brownies the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes about 8 brownies
|6||squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped|
|1||tablespoon instant freeze dried coffee granules|
|1||tablespoon boiling water|
|3/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|3/4||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2||teaspoon baking powder|
|1/4||cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened|
|Prepared vanilla frosting or icing|
|Assorted food colorings|
|Small candy canes, assorted candies and sprinkles|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan; set aside. Melt chocolate in small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly; set aside. Dissolve coffee granules in boiling water in small cup; set aside.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in small bowl; stir until blended.
- Beat sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in melted chocolate and coffee until well blended. Add flour mixture. Beat at low speed until well blended. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set. Remove to wire rack; cool completely. Cut into holiday shapes using 2-inch cookie cutters.
- Tint frosting with food colorings to desired colors. Spread over each brownie shape. Break off top of small candy cane to create loop. Insert in top of brownie. Decorate as desired with assorted candies and sprinkles.
Check out more recipes for Brownies