Makes 1 cookie house
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated cookie dough, any flavor|
|All-purpose flour (optional)|
|Blue, green, white and purple icings, granulated sugar, yellow-colored sugar, green gumdrops, red licorice, small decors and hard candies|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from wrapper according to package directions. Roll small piece of dough into 1-1/2-inch square; reserve.
- Press remaining dough into 12X9-inch rectangle on prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle with flour to minimize sticking, if necessary.
- Place reserved dough at top of rectangle to make chimney. Press to seal.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes. Slide house and parchment paper onto wire rack; cool completely.
- Decorate as shown in photo. Use flat decorating tip for clapboards and shingles, yellow colored sugar for windows, star decorating tip for columns and steps and gumdrops for bushes.
This is a perfect rainy-day project. Keep your kids entertained by decorating this cookie house as directed or let their minds go wild and decorate it however they like.
Check out more recipes for Cookies