Pan Fried Asparagus Well Done Cooking Class
Bill and Jen from TLC's 'The Little Couple' learned to prepare Pan-Fried Asparagus at Well Done Cooking Class in Houston, Texas.
|1||pound fresh asparagus|
|1||cup all-purpose flour|
|1||cup whole buttermilk|
|Peanut oil, for frying|
|1||tablespoon hot sauce|
|1 ½||cups self-rising cornmeal mix|
|1||tablespoon Tony Chacheres seasoning|
|1||tablespoon black pepper|
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Rinse asparagus with water and leave damp. Place flour in a re-sealable bag; add asparagus, seal and shake to coat.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together buttermilk, egg and hot sauce.
- In another shallow dish, combine cornmeal mix, Tony Chacheres, and black pepper. Dip asparagus in buttermilk mixture, dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- In a large Dutch oven, pour oil to a depth of 2-inches. Heat oil over medium heat; about 360 degrees F.
- Fry asparagus in batches for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper. Serve with a drizzle of hollandaise.
Check out more recipes for Vegetable Side Dish