Panettone Cake with Almond Glaze and Mascarpone Cream the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Panettone Cake with Almond Glaze and Mascarpone Cream
Makes 10 servings
|1/2||cup pine nuts|
|1/2||cup golden raisins|
|1||cup warm water, divided|
|1||package (about 18 ounces) lemon cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare mix|
|1-1/2||teaspoons anise seeds|
|1||cup ricotta cheese|
|1/2||cup mascarpone cheese|
|1/4||cup granulated sugar|
|2/3||cup powdered sugar|
|1||teaspoon almond or anise extract|
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour 10-inch bundt pan; set aside.
- Place pine nuts in small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir 4 minutes until nuts are fragrant and lightly browned. Transfer to a plate to cool; set aside.
- Place raisins and currants in 2 separate small bowls; add 1/2 cup warm water to each bowl and let fruit soak 5 minutes. Drain raisins and currants.
- Prepare cake according to package directions, except use only half of water called for. Stir in anise seeds, pine nuts, raisins and currants. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake about 40 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan about 30 minutes. Invert onto wire rack; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat ricotta, mascarpone and granulated sugar in medium bowl 1 minute on low speed of electric mixer or until light and fluffy. Cover and refrigerate.
- Stir together powdered sugar, milk and almond extract in small bowl until smooth. Add more milk, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency.
- Place sheets of waxed paper under wire rack. Spoon glaze over cake; let glaze set 20 minutes. Serve cake slices with dollop of mascarpone cream.
Check out more recipes for Italian