Pasta and Broccoli the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Pasta and Broccoli
Makes 6 to 8 servings
|1||package (16 ounces) ziti macaroni|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|3/4||cup (3 ounces) shredded American or mozzarella cheese|
|1/2||cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/4||cup chicken broth|
|3||tablespoons white wine|
- Trim leaves from broccoli stalks. Trim ends of stalks. Cut broccoli into florets by removing each head to include a small piece of the stem. Peel stalks, then cut into 1-inch pieces.
- To steam broccoli, bring 2 inches of water in large saucepan to a boil over high heat. Place broccoli in metal steamer in saucepan. Water should not touch broccoli. Cover pan; steam 10 minutes until broccoli is tender. Add water, as necessary, to prevent pan from boiling dry.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in colander.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir garlic in hot oil until golden.
- Add broccoli; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes. Add American cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter, broth and wine; stir. Reduce heat to low. Simmer until cheese melts.
- Pour sauce over ziti in large bowl; toss gently to coat. Garnish as desired.
Check out more recipes for Pasta Side Dish