Pasta Salad in Artichoke Cups the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Pasta Salad in Artichoke Cup
Makes 6 servings
|5||cloves garlic, peeled|
|1/2||cup white wine|
|1||lemon, cut into halves|
|6||cups chicken broth|
|1||tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided|
|1||package (2 ounces) artichoke hearts|
|8||ounces corkscrew pasta or pasta twists|
|1/2||teaspoon dried basil|
|Basil Vinaigrette Dressing|
- Place garlic and wine in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut bottoms off artichokes; remove outer leaves. Cut 1 inch off tops of artichokes. Snip tips from remaining leaves with scissors. Rub ends with lemon.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in Dutch oven over high heat. Add artichokes, wine mixture and 1 tablespoon oil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until leaves pull easily from base. Drain.
- Cook artichoke hearts according to package directions. Drain well. Cut into slices to make 2 cups. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain. Place pasta in large bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and basil.
- Prepare Basil Vinaigrette Dressing. Add artichoke hearts and 1 cup dressing to pasta; toss gently to coat.
- Carefully spread outer leaves of whole artichokes. Remove small heart leaves by grasping with fingers, then pulling and twisting. Scoop out fuzzy choke with spoon.
- Fill artichokes with pasta mixture. Cover; refrigerate until serving time. Serve with remaining dressing. Garnish as desired.
Check out more recipes for Italian