Pasta with Meatballs On A Stick
Are you tired of the same old bowl? Then welcome to the wonderful world of food on a stick! Serve pasta and a meatball on a skewer as an appetizer at your next party with Pasta with Meatballs On A Stick from Hunt's®. Recipe developed by George Duran.
Hands On: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
|6||ounces dry bow tie (farfalle) pasta, uncooked|
|2||tablespoons extra virgin olive oil|
|60||short wooden skewers|
|Unripened melon, optional|
|1||can (28 oz each) Hunt's® Crushed Tomatoes|
|2||sprigs fresh thyme|
|2||teaspoons dried oregano|
|2||teaspoons garlic powder|
|1/4||teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/4||teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1/8||teaspoon granulated sugar|
|1||pound ground round beef|
|1||pound ground pork|
|1||cup dry unseasoned bread crumbs|
|1/2||cup chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley|
|1||tablespoon ground cumin|
|1||tablespoon dried oregano|
|1/2||teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/2||teaspoon ground black pepper|
- Prepare Marinara Sauce: Combine tomatoes, thyme, bay leaf, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper and sugar in medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until simmering; reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf; discard. Set sauce aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare Meatballs: Preheat broiler. Combine eggs, ground beef, ground pork, bread crumbs, parsley, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper in large bowl; mix well. Roll about 1 tablespoon meat mixture into small ball and place in large shallow baking pan. Repeat with remaining meat mixture to make 60 meatballs.
- Broil meatballs, about 1 inch from heat source, 10 to 15 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water. Toss with olive oil.
- To serve, thread one piece pasta and one meatball on each skewer. Serve with warm Marinara Sauce for dipping. If desired, cut an unripened melon in half lengthwise and place cut side down on platter. Insert skewers into melon.
|Serving Size:||3 meatballs, pasta and sauce|
|Total fat||8 g|
|Saturated fat||3 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||6 %|
|Vitamin C||9 %|
Check out more recipes for Meat