Peanut Butter Ice Cream Triangles the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Triangles
Makes about 10 ice cream sandwiches
|1-1/2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1/2||teaspoon baking powder|
|1/2||teaspoon baking soda|
|1/2||cup butter, softened|
|1/2||cup granulated sugar|
|1/2||cup packed brown sugar|
|1/2||cup creamy peanut butter|
|2-1/2||to 3 cups vanilla, cinnamon or chocolate ice cream, softened|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl; set aside. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl of electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in peanut butter, egg and vanilla until well blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until blended.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each piece of dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap into 10X10-inch square, about 1/8 inch thick. Remove top sheet of waxed paper; invert dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Remove second sheet of waxed paper.
- Score dough into four 4-inch squares. Score each square diagonally into two triangles. Do not cut completely through dough. Repeat with remaining dough. Combine excess scraps of dough; roll out and score into additional triangles.
- Bake 12 to 13 minutes or until set and edges are golden brown. Cool cookies 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Cut through score marks with knife; cool completely on cookie sheets.
- Place half the cookies on flat surface. Spread 1/4 to 1/3 cup softened ice cream on flat side of each cookie; top with remaining cookies. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze 1 hour or up to 2 days.
|Serving Size:||1 ice cream sandwich|
|Calories from Fat||49 %|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
Check out more recipes for Cookies