Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich Cookies the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies
Makes 11 sandwich cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|1||tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder|
|All-purpose flour (optional)|
|3/4||cup creamy peanut butter|
|1/2||cup grape jam or jelly|
- Remove dough from wrapper according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 section of dough; cover and refrigerate remaining 3/4 section of dough. Combine reserved dough and cocoa in small bowl; cover and refrigerate.x
- Shape remaining 3/4 section of dough into 5-1/2-inch log. Sprinkle with flour to minimize sticking, if necessary. Remove chocolate dough from refrigerator; roll on sheet of waxed paper to 9-1/2X6-1/2-inch rectangle. Place dough log in center of rectangle.
- Bring waxed paper edges and chocolate dough up and together over log. Press gently on top and sides of dough so entire log is wrapped in chocolate dough. Flatten log slightly to form square. Wrap in waxed paper. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove waxed paper. Cut dough into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Reshape dough edges into square, if necessary. Press dough slightly to form indentation so dough resembles slice of bread.
- Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and straighten cookie edges with spatula. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- To make sandwich, spread about 1 tablespoon peanut butter on bottom of 1 cookie. Spread about 1/2 tablespoon jam over peanut butter; top with second cookie, pressing gently. Repeat with remaining cookies.
Cut each sandwich diagonally in half for a smaller cookie and fun look.
Check out more recipes for Cookies