Peanut Butter Surprise
Makes 30 cupcakes
|2||cups all-purpose flour|
|2||teaspoons baking powder|
|1/2||cup (1 stick) butter, softened|
|3/4||cup reduced-fat (2%) or whole milk|
|2||bars (3 ounces each) bittersweet chocolate candy, melted and cooled|
|30||mini peanut butter cups|
|1||container prepared chocolate frosting|
|3||squares (1 ounce each) white chocolate, chopped|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 30 standard (2-1/2-inch) muffin pan cups or line with paper baking cups.
- For cupcakes, combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Set aside. Beat sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed 1 minute. Add milk and vanilla. Beat at low speed 30 seconds. Gradually beat in flour mixture; beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Add egg whites; beat 1 minute. Stir in melted chocolate.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon batter into each prepared muffin cup; use back of spoon to spread batter over bottom. Place one mini peanut butter cup in center of each cupcake. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon batter over peanut butter cup; use back of spoon to smooth out batter. (Do not fill cups more than 3/4 full.)
- Bake 24 to 26 minutes or until puffed and browned at edges. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. (Centers of cupcakes will sink slightly upon cooling.) Remove cupcakes to racks; cool completely. (At this point, cupcakes may be frozen up to 3 months.) Spread frosting over cooled cupcakes.
- For white drizzle, place white chocolate in small resealable food storage bag. Microwave on HIGH 30 to 40 seconds. Turn bag over; microwave additional 30 seconds or until white chocolate is melted. Cut off tiny corner of bag; drizzle white chocolate decoratively over frosted cupcakes. Store at room temperature up to 24 hours or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days before serving.
Check out more recipes for Cakes