Pear Spice Cake the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Pear Spice Cake
Makes one 10-inch tube cake
|4||cups pears, peeled and chopped|
|2||cups granulated sugar|
|1||cup chopped walnuts|
|3||cups all-purpose flour|
|2||teaspoons baking soda|
|3/4||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/4||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/8||teaspoon ground cloves|
|1||cup vegetable oil|
|Powdered sugar for garnish|
- Combine pears, granulated sugar and nuts in medium bowl; mix lightly. Let stand 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices in medium bowl.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Blend in oil and vanilla. Add flour mixture; mix well. Add pear mixture; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen edges and remove to rack to cool completely.
- Place cake on cake plate. Insert strips of waxed paper under cake to keep plate clean. Dust lightly with powdered sugar. Remove waxed paper.
Check out more recipes for Cakes