Makes 8 servings
|3||pears, peeled and cored|
|2||egg whites, at room temperature|
|1/3||cup ground almonds|
|1/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/4||cup fat-free (skim) milk|
|1||tablespoon melted butter|
|1||teaspoon almond extract|
|1||teaspoon grated lemon peel|
|1/4||teaspoon baking powder|
|3||cups fresh or frozen thawed raspberries, strained|
|1||teaspoon lemon juice|
|8||packets sugar substitute or equivalent of 1/3 cup sugar|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 10-inch pie pan; set aside.
- For torte, cut pears in half; slice each half into 1/4-inch slices, keeping halves together. Squeeze lemon juice over pears. Place sliced pear halves in prepared pie pan. Press down lightly on halves to fan out slightly and cover bottom of pie pan; set aside.
- Beat egg whites in medium bowl with electric mixer at high speed until foamy. Gradually beat in sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in almonds, flour, milk, butter, almond extract, lemon peel, baking powder and salt. Pour over pears; level with spatula. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove torte from oven; invert onto serving platter.
- For coulis, combine raspberries, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and sugar substitute in food processor or blender; process until smooth.
- To serve, place 2 tablespoons Raspberry Coulis onto each dessert plate. Top with slice of torte.
|Calories from Fat||23 %|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Check out more recipes for Cakes