The pecans are toasted until crunchy and the finished brittle is light and easy to break.
Makes about 3/4 pound
|1/2||cup corn syrup|
|1||cup pecan halves|
|1||tablespoon butter or margarine, cut into pieces|
|1-1/2||teaspoons baking soda|
- Butter large baking sheet; set aside.
- Combine corn syrup and sugar in 2-quart microwavable bowl. Stir in pecans. Microwave on HIGH 5 to 5-1/2 minutes until syrup is golden brown.
- Stir in butter and vanilla. Microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 minutes.
- Stir in baking soda (mixture will foam up) and immediately pour onto prepared baking sheet; do not scrape side of bowl. Stretch as thin as possible, using 2 forks.
- Cool, then break in pieces. Store tightly covered.
If kitchen is cold, warm baking sheet before pouring out brittle. It will spread more easily and will be thinner.
Check out more recipes for Candy