Pecan-Cinnamon Sticky Buns the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Pecan-Cinnamon Sticky Buns
Makes 12 buns
|3||to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour|
|1/3||cup nonfat dry milk powder|
|1||package (1/4 ounce) rapid-rise active dry yeast|
|3/4||cup plus 2 tablespoons honey, divided|
|5||tablespoons butter, melted, divided|
|3/4||cup chopped pecans|
|1/4||cup packed brown sugar|
|2||teaspoons ground cinnamon|
- Combine 3 cups flour, milk powder, yeast and salt in large bowl. Place water and 2 tablespoons honey in small saucepan; heat until very warm (120°F), stirring to dissolve honey. Pour into flour mixture; beat on low speed of electric mixer until blended. Beat in egg and 3 tablespoons melted butter until dough forms.
- Knead dough on well-floured surface 10 minutes, adding additional flour as necessary to make dough smooth and elastic. Shape into ball; place in large greased bowl. Turn to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm place 30 to 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, spread remaining 3/4 cup honey evenly in bottom of 9-inch square baking pan; sprinkle with pecans; set aside.
- Punch dough down; turn out onto floured surface. Pat or roll dough into 15X9-inch rectangle. Brush dough with remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle over butter. Roll dough from long side into log; pinch edges to seal. Cut into 12 slices about 1-1/4 inches thick. Arrange in prepared pan; cover and let rise 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake buns 30 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly; invert onto plate.
Check out more recipes for Rolls & Buns