Peek-A-Boo Apricot Cookies
Makes about 1-1/2 dozen sandwich cookies
|4||ounces bittersweet chocolate candy bar, broken into pieces|
|3||cups all-purpose flour|
|1/2||teaspoon baking soda|
|2/3||cup butter, softened|
- Melt chocolate in small bowl set in larger bowl of very hot water, stirring twice. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and melted chocolate. Beat in flour mixture at low speed until well blended.
- Divide dough into 2 rounds; flatten into discs. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4- to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut out rounds with 2-1/2-inch cutter. Cut 1-inch centers out of half the rounds. Reserve scraps. Place rounds and rings on ungreased cookie sheets. Repeat rolling and cutting with remaining scraps of dough.
- Bake cookies 9 to 10 minutes or until set. Let cookies stand on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- To assemble cookies, spread about 1-1/2 teaspoons preserves over flat side of cookie rounds; top with cookie rings to form sandwiches. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
These cookies do not freeze well.
Check out more recipes for Fruit