Penuche the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Rich and creamy with the taste of brown sugar, this fudge is sure to be a hit.
Makes about 1 pound
|2||tablespoons butter or margarine|
|2||cups packed brown sugar|
|1||cup granulated sugar|
|1||cup chopped pecans|
- Butter 8-inch square pan; set aside. Lightly butter side of heavy, medium saucepan.
- Combine half-and-half, butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in prepared saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil. Wash down side of pan with pastry brush frequently dipped in hot water to remove sugar crystals.
- Add candy thermometer. Continue to cook until mixture reaches the softball stage (238°F).
- Pour into large heat-proof mixer bowl. Cool to lukewarm (about 110°F).
- Add vanilla and beat with heavy-duty electric mixer until thick. Beat in pecans when candy loses its gloss. Spread into prepared pan. Score fudge into squares with knife. Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into squares. Store in refrigerator.
Check out more recipes for Candy